Members will be aware from recent correspondence that Shandon is in a sound financial position. We have been able to grow our income through a number of successful funding initiatives while still controlling our costs. We have an established membership base and have had an increase in both the bar turnover and the use of our facilities.
We consider it advantageous that our club is multicultural and has representation from all socioeconomic groupings. Our objective is to maintain and grow that diversity.
After careful consideration the Board has made the decision that Subscriptions for the forthcoming 2019/20 year will be kept at the same level as this year. While we do need to continue to grow our revenue streams a conscious decision has been made to continue to protect the interests of our current members.
Subscription invoices will be emailed to you in early August. We would appreciate assistance from members in the following ways:
- Please ensure that the Club has your up to date email address.
- Prompt payment of your subs will assist our cash flow.
- If you currently pay by Direct Debit then no action is required.
- If you currently pay by Automatic Payment then we would appreciate it if you changed to Direct Debit as it saves the club administrative work.
- If you have any potential leads for new members or corporate sponsors then contact the Office as it is the continued growth in these areas that ensures our financial stability.
- As in past years the Board is offering a limited number of discounted 5 year subscriptions. If you are interested in this offer contact the Office.
- Members are also encouraged to use the services of our bar, caterer and pro shop and also to consider hiring the Clubroom facilities for work or private functions.
We thank you in anticipation of your cooperation. We are committed to providing Shandon members with an excellent, cost effective golfing experience.